In February 2011, CB Asset Management became signatory of UN PRI, the UN-backed principles for responsible investment.
UN PRI's six principles create a framework for investors looking to increase responsibility in their investment activities and reflect the view that environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues should be given appropriate consideration. The core of PRI's contents is to take into account responsible and ethical guidelines in investment decisions, to act on behalf of change through active ownership and to encourage reporting of ethical aspects of the business. Find out more about the PRI here.
By approving the Principles, CB Asset Management commits to:
- Incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision making processes.
- Be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Annually take part in the PRI's reporting and assessment of our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles in our role as investment managers.
"I applaud the leadership of the institutions that have committed themselves to this undertaking, and urge other investors around the world to join this historic effort."